Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Chronicle Eleven


In Andrews book the between or tween times are discussed. This is a subject often also discussed throughout the history of fairy lore. This concept explains that these beings are best seen in the in between times and also between places. Such as for example dusk or noon and seasons such as autumn and spring. A between place could be any area that is neither here nor there, such as a hedge or island. Reflecting on this theory, I recall the occasions I have seen my floating objects. I have seen them at noon when I am leaving for lunch. Noon is a tween time. I have also seen them around 5:30 to 6 pm as I am leaving work nearing dusk (also a tween time). My connection to them became stronger in the months of August and September. Autumn months are tween times. They have often appeared at the neighbor’s fence, the hedge borders, and the opening of my trail which was once a traveled dirt road, that leads deep into the forest and then ends. These locations are also between. Another Andrews’ suggestion is to spend more time in nature. During the summer I did spend more than usual amounts of time outdoors. I also became closer nature and the elements by gardening. This is an activity I do not usually partake in; however I was interested this year.
Rethinking on the events following concludes my ideas on the floating spheres to be identified as air spirits. Andrews states that finding in nature or having received from an individual unique gifts can be linked to fairies and elementals. Such as receiving a stone from a friend unexpectedly or finding a unique feather outdoors. One evening I was walking on the trail, it is near the area I made for the fairies (which I will discuss later and have suggestions for your own); I had made a fairy house; this was placed at the opening of the walking path. As I strolled pass the fairy house, I found a very large feather lying in the path. I did not know which bird it came from, I just knew it was a pretty feather. I did not pick it up, I just walked on. I later read that feathers can be gifts from Sylphs. These beings of nature are said to be more closely in line with fairies and angels. They can often serve as temporary guardian angels to individuals according to Andrews. These beings are air spirits. At the time of the incident, I did not realize that it could have been a gift. The air spirits were most likely always around the yard and I just never noticed them and my eyes did not perceive their existence. Andrews also suggests that those who can connect easily with the Sylphs often over analyze things. This is very interesting because I often have issues with over analyzing. Friends and family tell me I do this to much and worry too much. Could my connection be to close to the beings? Could my analyzing issue be a direct result? I do not know, and I am very curious. Andrews suggests that a human must thank the elementals and fairies when receiving gifts. If had this knowledge prior I would have picked up the feather, thanked the Sylphs and keep it for further research, a luck charm and a mediation tool. Another summer activity I conducted was lounging outside and reading. My reading often consisted of fantasy and fairy tales. I believe that my summer practices helped open my relationship to the air spirits and helped to maintain my new vision ability to see them. I strongly suggest that if you are interested in having contact with the faerie realm, you must read Andrews’ book. It is an excellent tool to use in your quest. I am confident that the book has been completely beneficial to educating myself on the subject. With out it, I would have been unaware of the possibilities which lay before me in which I never knew truly existed.

No comments: