Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Chronicle Thirteen: Craft Project: Garden Bird Bath


During the summer months I often did fun projects in which nature could benefit. These projects also allowed me to display concern and good treatment of nature to the fairies. Allowing for them to possibly trust me a little more, so that communication is continued to be welcomed. Fairies are very fond of the forest creatures and are said to often take forms of birds, rabbits, and insects. Making a bird bath can be a lovely adornment for your yard or garden. You don’t have to buy an expensive bird bath instead make your own. You can use old ceramic bowls, pie pans or any other shallow container. You can decorate them, and paint them any way you would like. Pick an area which is sturdy enough to hold the birds to place your bath. The bath I created consisted of a shallow ceramic desert garden container (I had previously had cactus and other succulent plants in container). The container was white and I did not wish to repaint it. I sat the container nicely in a tree limb which appeared to be a sturdy stand for it (you don’t want to place container somewhere where the birds could be injured). You then fill container with fresh clean water. Remember to keep bath filled on a regular basis so that the birds will return to bath.

No comments: